I settled in Melbourne 18 years ago after migrating from China and have worked in diverse roles from boilermaker to lawyer. I have two teenage daughters, both born here in Melbourne and I have served on three school councils and two city Council committees. I work tirelessly and have a reputation for bringing people together. An important skill I intend to use to hold weekly listening posts with residents if elected.
I will advocate and work for the physical, social and economic betterment of Sparks and Whitehorse, including:
1. Responsible planning for across the ward including the CBD, protecting and enhancing livability, functionality, public amenity, built and natural environments.
2. Improved pedestrian and bike connectivity and public transport. A foot and bike bridge over the railway connecting south-north Surrey Dr to Nelson Rd. Extending the tram line along Whitehorse Rd to Middleborough Rd. A signaled pedestrian crossing on Elgar Rd from Windsor Cres to Surrey Park.
3. Public private partnerships to progress temporary and long-term land use of the Standard Brickworks site, including off-leash dog park (baseball ground), soccer field, public open space/multicultural square.
4. Recreational: outdoor adult and elderly exercise facilities across Rose Reserve, Artists Park, Surrey Park, Sparks reserve and City oval etc. Shelter, bbq, toilet, bin for Rose Reserve. Toilet and bike racks for Artists Park.
5. English and Chinese bilingual way-finding signs in essential locations.
6. Neighborhood parties on every Sunday afternoon: meeting neighbors and English corners for new migrants to build a coherent community.
7. Free Taiji classes in parks.
8. Environmental: Educating the community on recycling contamination, littering, Clean Up Australia Day, PlasticFreeJuly and more REDcycle bins for soft plastics collection. Review hard rubbish collection.
9. Initiatives for speedy recovery of local economy.
www.minwenwu.com 0488 884 365 8am-8pm.
Vote for who? Mr WU!